Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Story

God put the question to the world in Christ Jesus: Will you accept and receive me? Will you embrace the love and presence and peace I have to offer?

The world answered with the crucifixion. Conversation over? No!

God’s reply is: I am going to love you anyway. I am going to transform that very act of rebellion and rejection of me into your salvation. I want to rewrite every death story into an Easter resurrection story.

Listen, God says: my story, your story, our story together, is not about retaliation, condemnation, getting ahead, or dominating others. It’s neither about getting your own way nor about shrinking back from the dreams of your true heart. It’s about living out of the real life Easter resurrection story.

Our story together is the real life story of how we embrace the abundance of God’s blessing and goodness in faith, hope, and love. It’s about how we embrace the life that Christ opens up before us. That’s what it’s about.

Together -- on the journey – that’s God’s Easter story.

No comments: