Monday, February 22, 2016

above all, clothe yourselves with love

and it doesn't stop there, this Colossian Challenge of ours:  the writer goes on, 'which binds everything together in harmony'.  The love bit of course should come as no surprise to Christians, or to those of any faith or none who know the cosmic energy that is Love.  But, harmony, seriously?   what are the signs of harmony in your life, really?  That's what makes it a challenge.

Our culture is so fear-engulfed, that we are in danger of compromising our hearts of love....not love as in erotic or sensual love, nor love as familial love, but agape, cosmic divine love....the kind of ludicrous, gracious, abundant love that God has for us!  i suspect that my efforts at creating harmony will only be possible in direct proportion to my belief in Love, both sharing it and receiving it, knowing myself as Beloved.

and like love, harmony will pervade all of life.  My relationships, my daily ordinary conversations, my use of social media even, will lead towards, or away from, harmony.  a challenge indeed.

No comments: