Monday, December 12, 2011

how can I keep from singing?

Some days the joy just takes over! It began with yesterday's sermon reminder that joy and happiness aren't the same.....then the joy of children sharing a handmade gift with their pastors.... the sound of music and an uncanny vision seen in a stained glass reflection...... a woman's smile as she says "I'm letting myself feel the joy"..... and finally an evening reading from Jan Richardson who quotes the folk song, How Can I Keep from Singing:
My life flows on in endless song, above earth's lamentation;
I hear the real, though far off hymn that hails a new creation.
Through all the tumult and the strife I hear its music ringing;
it sounds an echo in my soul: how can I keep from singing?

What is your song?
May the joy of the unexpected well up in you, and may your heart sing its unique song for a world gone wild.

No comments: