Thursday, December 15, 2011

an incredible gift

here's a wonderful gift to each of us from one of our members who's undergoing chemotherapy:

As I began my morning ritual today with "what to have for breakfast that won't make me nauseous", check my mouth for sore spots, run a comb through my hair to see how much more is gone, weigh myself, get my elastic sleeve and gauntlet on, and slather on a gallon of moisturizer, I realized that I probably won't feel much like writing next week after the second chemo. SO, please hear me out.

Never did I think that I would be a statistic or how I would manage not being in charge of my life. We all know intellectually that we are not in control but I have to tell you, we don't really know it until it happens to us. You are all very special to us and even more so now. Each day different people come to mind whether because of a card, some soup, or just a special memory which crosses our minds.
Don't ever forget how special you are.

And so as this special season of Christmas approaches, be good to each other, enJOY a beautiful season with loved ones and find that Peace which we all so longingly seek. I had hoped to see more of you this fall but we can look forward to spring and new beginnings.

No comments: